Where are you from, when did you begin skiing and telemarking, where do you ski most now?
I grew up in Ontario skiing all around the East. Then when I was 17 I moved out to British Columbia where I opened a ski shop at Sun Peaks before ending up in Whistler. I came to Australia for what was meant to be one season back in about 2004 and I’ve been here ever since.
What do you love about telemarking?
I definitely like that it is the black sheep of the snow world, I mean it’s not snowshoeing but being the odd one on the hill definitely has its advantages. I love the flow, the deepness, and that feeling or railing turns on edge and transitioning through a turn. Carving a turn on anything is rad but no other sport has so much movement. If you know you know, if you don’t you need to try telemark
What do you like about our bindings?
I can honestly say I like the fact that I have NEVER broken a part on a 22D binding. I can step into my Outlaw X’s and never have to think about them.
What do you like to do for fun when you’re not skiing?
I just really like to do anything that's really fun and exciting. Riding bikes has definitely become a mega passion for me but I’m pretty much always up for anything exciting and new.
Accomplishments, awards, and sponsors
- Most memorable podium finish was at the Canadian Freeski Open in Whistler. (Only telemark skier competing against alpine skiers)
- Skied what some of the patrollers at Kicking Horse Resort in British Columbia called a first decent. Either way was definitely a fun one.
- Numerous movie segments in both alpine and telemark flicks, even made it in a Warren Miller film once!
- My best accomplishments tho are my two rad little humans Minty and Iggy!
- Climb of Mt. Olympus, WA
- First place overall, "Jared Yoakum open rail jam" White Pass, WA
- Active National Ski Patrol member
- Head freeride coach for White Pass Freeride Team
- Also sponsored by Tele Colo