Where are you from, when did you begin skiing and telemarking, where do you ski most now?
I am from Selah Washington, my home mountain is White Pass Ski Area, where I spend most of my time now. I started alpine skiing at the age of two and grew up racing. I started telemark skiing at the age of 21 with no signs of turning back!
What do you love about telemarking?
The thing I love most about telemark is the unrestricted freedom, both in movement and expression. I feel it’s easier on the body than being locked into an alpine setup and therefore allows complete freedom of expression. Nothing to hold you down!
What do you like about our bindings?
I like the bomber construction and the true transfer of edge pressure. I have put my outlaw x to the test over the past couple years and have only experienced minor breakdowns, none of which actually left me stranded. Reliability mixed with sports car like precision.
What do you like to do for fun when you’re not skiing?
When I’m not skiing you can catch me working on projects around the farm, or hitting the local mountain bike trails and climbing crags of the Tieton valley. Anything to keep me outside moving!
List your accomplishments, competition results, awards, other sponsors, etc.
- Ski descent of Mt. St. Helens, WA
- Athlete in Tele Colo project "Maybe Not" 21/22 season
- Second place overall Kings and Queens of the Heel 2022
- Ski descent of Mt. Stuart, WA
- Climb of Mt. Olympus, WA
- First place overall, "Jared Yoakum open rail jam" White Pass, WA
- Active National Ski Patrol member
- Head freeride coach for White Pass Freeride Team
- Also sponsored by Tele Colo